Never used!. Seller Inventory P More information about this seller Contact this seller. Publisher: Chelsea House Publishers , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.
O'Neill, Eugene (1888-1953)->Long day's journey into night: Books
View all copies of this ISBN edition:. Synopsis About this title -- Presents the most important 20th-century criticism on major works from The Odyssey through modern literature -- The critical essays reflect a variety of schools of criticism -- Contains critical biographies, notes on the contributing critics, a chronology of the author's life, and an index "synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
- Competence-Based Employment Interviewing.
- Biomag 96: Volume 1/Volume 2 Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Biomagnetism!
- Interactions of Antiprotons with H, Be, C [thesis].
- Faith Has Its Reasons: Integrative Approaches to Defending the Christian Faith.
- Eugene O'Neill's Long day's journey into night ( edition) | Open Library.
- Victorian Literature and Culture?
- Eugene O'Neill's Long day's journey into night.
Review : "Students preparing research papers and students boning up for class will reach eagerly for these well-designed additions to accessible literary criticism Buy New Learn more about this copy. About AbeBooks.
Background of Eugene O'Neill
Other Popular Editions of the Same Title. The patriarch of the Tyrone family, James, is a wildly successful stage actor who came from impoverished Irish immigrants, including a father who abandoned the family. This poor beginning led him to sell out his Shakespearean gifts and ambitions for a moneymaking role that made him rich and famous but vitiated his talent; it also caused him to become a lifelong miser, no matter how much money he makes. His wife, Mary, is a morphine addict who became hooked on the opiate after the birth of their son, Edmund.
Jamie and Edmund are their grown sons, Jamie a dissolute and cynical actor and Edmund a budding intellectual and artist devoted to the most pessimistic currents of modern thought.
The two sons, like the father, are alcoholics. Edmund is ten years younger than his brother, a couple of inches taller, thin and wiry. Where Jamie takes after his father, with little resemblance to his mother, Edmund looks like both his parents, but is more like his mother.
Her big, dark eyes are the dominant feature in his long, narrow Irish face. His mouth has the same quality of hypersensitiveness hers possesses.
They even have to a minor degree the same nervousness It is in the quality of extreme nervous sensibility that the likeness of Edmund to his mother is most marked. I was wild with ambition.
I read all the plays ever written. I educated myself.
- Numéros en texte intégral!
- Streptozotocin: Uses, Mechanism of Action and Side Effects.
- Account Options;
- Physiology (Costanzo Physiology) (5th Edition).
- Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles, Book 4);
- Long Day’s Journey into Night.
- Eugene O’Neill, Long Day’s Journey into Night – John Pistelli?
I got rid of an Irish brogue you could cut with a knife. I loved Shakespeare. I would have acted in any of his plays for nothing, for the joy of being alive in his great poetry.
Long Day's Journey into Night
None of us can help the things life has done to us. When I was on the Squarehead square rigger, bound for Buenos Aires. Full moon in the Trades. The old hooker driving fourteen knots.